[conspire] Recommendations request: Keychain and GUI editor

William Lazar bill at billsaysthis.com
Sat Mar 31 17:13:36 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Long time lurker here, just got a Gentoo-based desktop computer and
would appreciate some advice from the more experienced. At the moment
I'm looking for two things:

= something similar to keychain on OS X so I don't need to type in my
password every time I hit the subversion repository. I found a
package called keychain from someone at IBM but couldn't really
understand his article, which is certainly my fault but nonetheless
still the case, so if anyone thinks this is the tool for the job but
can point me to a simpler, more user-level explanation I'd be obliged.

= an editor similar to TextMate on OS X or UltraEdit on Windows; I've
tried Tea and nEdit but neither does it for me. SVN integration would
be swell, though I'm using RapidSVN and reasonably okay with it as a
separate tool.

Thanks,
Bill