[conspire] ATSCAP (was Re: Utility to rescue formatted EXT3 partition & distribution, choice?)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Mar 26 00:34:04 PDT 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:26:53 -0700, Peter Knaggs wrote:

>    By the way, I figured out the problem I was having with Feisty Fawn's
>    AC3 passthrough -- I'd compiled mplayer (because I'd needed to patch it
>    to get the deinterlacing patch into it for the 1080i streams) without
>    having the ALSA dev package installed:
>       apt-get install libasound2-dev
>    So without that, mplayer reverts to using OSS Audio. Anyways, it was my
>    mistake -- Feisty's kernel support for the audigy2 card hasn't
>    regressed, it was just me that was regressing :)

Feisty has inherited some mplayer borkage from Edgy that was never fixed.
Take a look at the Ubuntu bug tracker for mplayer in Feisty and see if the
humongous patch i recently submitted gives you any ideas on how to improve
the packaging to eliminate the need for the type of patching and
rebuilding that you ended up doing.