[conspire] Fwd: PenLUG this week - VoIP/Asterisk with Dr Sameer Verma

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 26 14:27:58 PDT 2007

Quoting Heather Stern (star at starshine.org):
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 04:03:10PM -0700, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> > I thought that was no longer true in this century.  At least not in
> > the Bay Area.
>
> It's certainly not been true in *my* household, either in this
> century, or the last :)

You go, girl!

Just in the unlikely event of there having been some misunderstanding
(and I don't mean on your part, Heather):  Deirdre and I run our own
entirely separate Internet servers (linuxmafia.com and deirdre.{org|net}
being their primary DNS names, respectively).  Neither of us administers
the other's machines; each of us is a microcosmic god[dess] -- in some
decidedly minor pantheon.

Thus (e.g.), when Deirdre talks on this mailing list about some
circumstances in which she might possibly in the future killfile all mail
sent by some subscriber to this mailing list, she is referring (of
necessity) to that mail as delivered to _her_ system, addressed to her
in her role as a fellow subscriber.  She isn't talking about indulging
any draconian measures on _my_ system -- where in fact she doesn't even
administer at all.

> (Ob techie: yes, sometimes caffeine cures headaches.)

It does indeed.