[conspire] (forw) Re: Fakeraid

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 20 13:39:03 PDT 2007

There's an interesting ongoing trend among hardware manufacturers, to
incorporate more and more low-end RAID functionality into either core
motherboard circuitry or cheap add-on cards.  Unfortunately, the
resulting RAID functions tend to be slow and buggy compared to Linux
"md" driver software RAID.  Caveat emptor.