[conspire] (forw) Introducing A Book And Podcast For Newcomers To Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 28 18:12:39 PST 2007

----- Forwarded message from Marland Dunn <mardunn at verizon.net> -----

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:53:07 -0500
From: Marland Dunn <mardunn at verizon.net>
To: bofh at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Introducing A Book And Podcast For Newcomers To Linux

Hi CABAL,

I'm Marland Dunn and I love using the Linux graphical desktop and my
mission in life is to bring awareness and help with the adaptation and
acceleration of Linux on desktop computers worldwide. This is why I
started a podcast and wrote a book on using Linux on a desktop computer
for newcomers to Linux.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is an introduction to Linux and Open Source
Software written to give a quick, but thorough overview and
understanding of the Linux desktop in the easiest possible fashion.?

Linux on the Desktop (Linux Desktop For Beginners) Podcast is a podcast
for people new to Linux that focuses exclusively on how to use Linux on
a desktop computer. The Linux on the desktop Podcast only talks about
how to use Linux on a desktop computer and not news and events. This is
what makes Linux on the desktop Podcast different.

My goal with Linux Desktop For Beginners and Linux on the Desktop
Podcast is to help people new to Linux become comfortable and confident
using Linux on a desktop computer by supplementing and complimenting
each other.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is available at www.lulu.com/content/504889

Go to the Linux on the desktop Podcast web site at
www.linuxonthedesktop.org to download the podcast episodes, read the
show notes, join the Linux on the desktop Community Frappr Map and learn
more.

?Linux and Open Source bring the world closer by using software with
Freedom and Choice.?

Cordially,

Marland Dunn
mardunn at verizon.net