[conspire] (forw) Blogging culture (was: OSI, GAP, and "Exhibit B" licences)

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Feb 22 22:06:31 PST 2007

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:53:22PM -0800:

> Just to elaborate, privately:  For many years, I and others laboured
> towards bring about something like weblogs, i.e., towards using
> computers to bring the power and freedom of the printing press to
> everyone.  It was a longtime dream.

dood I am so totally blogging this right now!
  http://www.linuxworld.com/community/?q=node/379

>    Elitism on grounds of merit is A Very Good Thing.

For purposes of participating in an online forum,
elitism on grounds of anything is a good thing.
Make people go through some kind of filtration and
they'll take better care of a forum that it cost more
effort to get into.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/