[conspire] backup/duplication via DVD burner

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sat Feb 3 09:32:38 PST 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:26:57 -0800
"Tony Godshall" <togo at of.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for something that'll run off a load-to-RAM liveCD so I
> can use it on an arbitrary Linux system (or even better, one that

Mindi / mondo-rescue comes to mind as a possibility. I have only
given it light use, and felt at the time that it was too slow (or
perhaps my system is) for full backups. But theoretically, it's
supposed to be able to take a snapshot of your system, put it on
some media (dvd/cd what have you) and then restore that to a bare-
metal system.

look for 'mondo' and 'mondo-doc' at your frendly neighboorhood
repository...

> supports QNX and other OSs too).  If I don't find something

That I don't know.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.