[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Aug 31 14:26:50 PDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:41:37 +0100, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> If anything, an argument could be made that Ubuntu development is being
> thrown over the wall into Debian Experimental, and no effort is being
> made to push that work into Debian Unstable.  But to claim that Ubuntu
> is just clumsily repackaged software from Experimental is wrong in the
> extreme.

It is the former claim I am making, not the latter. The only package I
claimed Ubuntu snagged from Debian Experimental was the Savage driver (and
I mistakenly said it was for Gutsy, when it went into Feisty). I only made
statements of observation ("...have existed in Debian only in..."). All
the conclusions drawn from what I said there were yours. (Well, yours and
Bruce's...)