[conspire] Buggy ATI Driver (and others) Leaves Vista Open to Attack

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Aug 28 15:33:30 PDT 2007

begin Rick Moen quotation of Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 01:53:51PM -0700:

> I've not been seeing Mono / C# used anywhere that matters to _me_, yet, but
> that's probably a matter of time.  I note:
> http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono#Who_uses_Mono.3F

Beagle did look pretty interesting, but its main
contribution will probably turn out to be having been
the inspiration for Tracker.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/desktop_search_tools_gnu_linux_tracker_recoll_strigi_deskbar

> That page features some of the usual Web 2.0 suspects:  Medsphere
> (startup in which VA $WHATEVER's Larry Augustin has been involved, and
> that has the extremely ugly lawsuit against its founders for an
> allegedly unauthorised public release of source code under GPLv2 -- see:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/193731/)

A question that ought to end up on a FAQ somewhere:

Q: Where can I get support for the Veterans'
Administration's VistA software?

A: The VistA Software Alliance has a list of VistA
Vendors and Resources at:
  http://www.vistasoftware.org/resources/index.html