[conspire] New *buntu and Mandriva releases

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Thu Apr 19 21:32:16 PDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:29:06 -0700

> renumber.)  If they go for an "H" name dispite already having used
> "hedgehog", maybe the first 2008 release might be Hellacious Hyena.

Henrietta Hippo is probably already taken. (Bonus points to those who
recall that reference). I was opting for Blessed Bovine, but I guess
they missed that opportunity.

Speaking of slow downloading, I went ahead and downloaded another copy
of Knoppix 5.1.0 because I too couldn't find my dvd of it either. This
is the second time I've done a bittorrent of it only to find out that
the torrent is requesting the same six blocks over and over again - so
I killed it and went to get it via ftp. They say bittorrent is better,
and I agree for some things it is. But there are problems, and one
hates to have to just stop a download when you are so close to getting
it all. But close is not good enough, obviously.

> Also out:  Mandriva Linux 20007 Spring Edition.  I've burned DVDs for
> i586 and x86_64.

Cool. Extra zero sent to /dev/zero, it needs some of those.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.