[conspire] danger at Fry's before 2100 , nota printer

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Tue Apr 17 20:19:20 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:43:25 -0700
"Bill Ward" <bill at wards.net> wrote:

> with drivers for it under Ubuntu.  Easy peasy.  So the rule should not
> be "don't buy cheapies" but rather, check for Linux compatibility
> before you buy.

Good point. Also check what the cartridges will cost over the life of
the unit. Inkjets really are a source of bad economics when you factor
that in.

And for me, turboprint just doesn't cut it. Unless you want that
"printed by Turboprint" mess all over your shiny new 1040 tax form :).

Of the two inkjets I've had over the last 10 or so years, I've had
decent results with a Canon BJC-250 (b&w ok, which is pretty much all I
do) and an HP Photosmart of recent vintage. The print quality of the HP
is pretty good and I didn't have any setup issues with it (even knows
how to do double sided printing).

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.