[conspire] Need help with http://linuxmafia.com/bale/ ? - Google Calendar SMSs reminders

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Tue Apr 17 16:14:55 PDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting de Runtz, Lars (lars_deruntz at moduslink.com):
>
> > I should mention that the Google Calendar can be setup to SMS your
> > phone, a reminder hours or days before an event.
>
> My own view:  If it's worth doing in software, over the long haul it's
> worth doing using one's own computing resources in open source.
> Otherwise, you're just a sharecropper.
>
> That's also why I don't use "Meetup Groups", Lars.  ;->

While that may be true, in the meantime the software doesn't exist and
the features that Google Calendar offers are nice to have.

If you want to host it yourself, maybe one of the free/open source PHP
web calendar tools would serve.  Since Google Calendar can export in
vCal / iCal format you can import it into any calendaring tool that
suits your fancy.

How about this view: I don't live in a tent whilst saving up the money
for the down payment to buy a house.  I rent one.  Does the analogy
hold?  Maybe.

Anyway, use it or not - it's a resource I've offered in case anyone is
inclined to do so.