[conspire] Need help with http://linuxmafia.com/bale/ ?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 17 14:23:03 PDT 2007

Quoting Bill Ward (bill at wards.net):

> Another option is to use the Google Calendar that I set up for
> PenLUG's homepage.  I'm happy to share administrative access with you
> Rick, or other LUG leaders, as appropriate & desired.

Hi, Bill.  It's a useful resource, which I applaud.

However, I personally believe strongly in both open source and in
hosting my own data, so I prefer to maintain separately hosted calendar
information -- and, in particular, will not be putting it into Google's
proprietary Web software.

My preference of course comes with the inevitable and aforementioned
cobbler's-kids-going-barefoot problems, given a busy household and other
commitments:  E.g., last night, as part of the tax-return work that kept
me up until 3 AM (great for those of us with 7 AM conference calls), I
got many years of paper files back into order.  Also, I fixed SVLUG's
mailing list archive.  The next logical project is to complete the
server migration, which will ease any number of other problems.