[conspire] 3Ware raid 1 linux fedora core 5

Stephan Seelig sseelig at greenalabs.com
Tue Sep 26 11:12:11 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I changed my raid system and now I setup a raid 1 with 3Ware 9500S-4LP.
The Linux Fedora core installation was easy to do after raid was setup.
But now by testing with pulling of one hard drive the system breaks down
and separate from this I can only boot with hard drive 1.
During the installation of fedora in the screen where I have to choose a
hard drive I only can choose one so I assume that the raid system is ok.
Maybe another question, because I am not familiar with raid. Is it
normal that the raid system gets degraded on every time you pull of a
hard drive. I guess it is, but I am not sure.

thanks
Stephan