[conspire] Firewire os10 booting

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Sun Sep 10 11:44:25 PDT 2006

This is slightly off topic but. I'm investigating about booting a slot loading
imac from FW hard drive.( after updating the firmware and ram.) Some FW
drives are kind of expensive and was wondering about firewire enclosures that
can use a  cheaper hard drive. I understand that there is one desirable chip
that the good FW drives use. Has anyone had experience booting os 10.xx from
a FW drive? The Mac forum guys  gave me some good advice but was wondering
what you guys think.