[conspire] a ppc live cd

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Fri Oct 27 19:18:24 PDT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 02:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
bruce coston <jane_ikari at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ross's laptop does not boot normally now , am writing
> from a Kubuntu live ppc cd . I'd like one that at

mtab is temporary, and is always going to be different - the distro
makers can't read your mind and decide whether for instance /dev/hda1
is /home or / or /var or something else. You might actually have to do
some configuration (editing) yourself.

BTW, /etc/fstab is the onboot table of what to mount where (when
booting) and /etc/mtab is the mount table - that lists what is mounted
now.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.