[conspire] (forw) [svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Oct. 4 meeting: Ingres RDBMS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 4 12:06:53 PDT 2006

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:59:26 -0700
To: svlug-announce at lists.svlug.org
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: [svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Oct. 4 meeting:  Ingres RDBMS

The Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) meets this Wednesday,
(that's tonight!):

WHEN:

  Wednesday, October 4, 2006
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:

  TOPIC:
    Ingres RDBMS

  PRESENTED BY:
    Bill Mamoin, Ingres Corporation

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
     The topic will be the re-birth of Ingres to the open source community
     -- along with the technical details behind Ingres and what makes it
     different from other RDBMSes in the open source market.  Bill will
     also review what Ingres Corp. is doing with Linux, and its
     efforts to make developing on an open source stack easier.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
     Bill Mamoin is Senior Vice-President of Worldwide Engineering
     for Ingres, having arrived with 20 years' experience with Oracle
     database architecture management.  Most recently, he served as VP
     in Oracle's Server Technologies division, where he was responsible
     for its collaboration software, including content services and
     records management.

     For more than ten years, he led Oracle's work in data security,
     including pioneering work within the US and international ISO
     bodies, along with scalability work on Oracle 7 and 8 releases
     that helped achieve record database scalability measures.

NIFTY OF THE MONTH:

  To be announced.

LOCATION:

  Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
  VCAFE Facility
  350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
  Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.shtml

  webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

MEETING REFRESHMENTS:

  Open Country (http://www.opencountry.com/) will be graciously providing
  refreshments for this meeting.

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
  selection at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you there!