[conspire] "Ladonna Rhoades" post

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 21 17:34:22 PST 2006

Er, that piece of spam making it out was my fault, folks.  I was
intending to approve John Andrews's post, which he sent from a
non-subscribed address, and instead approved a spam that _had_ been
marked as score 8.2 or such by SpamAssassin, and would have gotten
discarded but for my fumble-fingers.

The Bayesian database feature integrated into the MTA is actually
really accurate, but some spam (to mailing list addresses) that _should_
get rejected at receipt time just gets marked as spam and handed off
as such to Mailman.  I'll be tracking that down on the new box, but
it's not worthwhile on the existing one.