[conspire] Mounting iso with Gnome

John Andrews jla1000 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 17:14:42 PST 2006

I recently downloaded an iso file image to my home directory . Is there
a difference between looking at it with the file browser or File roller
and mounting it? I was looking at some gnome stuff and they had script
which they said would mount and umount and iso. It said put it
in .gnome2/nautilus-scripts which I did and right click an iso to mount
it with the script.I tried that  which wouldn't work and then switched
to the terminal.

jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts$ ls
iso-mount.bash  iso-umount.bash  Open as Administrator  Open as
Administrator~
jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts$ ./iso-mount.bash
bash: ./iso-mount.bash: Permission denied
jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts$ sudo ./iso-mount.bash
Password:
mkdir: cannot create directory `/media/': File exists
No such file or directory
./iso-mount.bash: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `done'
./iso-mount.bash: line 10: `done '
jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts$ cat iso-mount.bash
cat: iso-mount.bash: Permission denied
jla at jla-desktop:~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts$ gksudo gedit iso-mount.bash

	Here is the actual script.It doesn't sudo mkdir /media/$I like it
supposed to Then goes to line 10 ,done. How do you mount an iso?

#!/bin/bash
#
for I in "$*"
do
foo=`gksudo -u root -k -m "enter your password for root terminal
access" /bin/echo "got r00t?"`
sudo mkdir /media/"$I"
sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 "$I" /media/"$I" && nautilus /media/"$I"
--no-desktop
done
done
exit0