[conspire] simply MEPIS DVD 601 problem + SVLUG

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 2 17:37:25 PST 2006

Quoting Mark Weisler (mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us):

> ...Hi Bruce, et al,
> I do remember seeing your posting and subsequently talking with you about
> being on the board. As Rick mentions, SVLUG doesn't have a board now, just
> two officers.

Two _elected_ officers, serving two-year terms beginning and ending at
the November meeting of even-numbered years.  SVLUG also has as many
appointive officers as suit its various activities.

Giving people titles in SVLUG has tended mostly to follow my favourite
sort of anarchistic principle:  You notice someone who seems to be doing
useful task [foo], and tell him "Hi, I hope you don't mind us referring
to you as the [foo] Coordinator from this point forward."  Two times out
of three, the volunteer seems vaguely pleased at the resulting
recognition on http://www.svlug.org/officers.shtml.  Also, others who might
help him out now know whom to contact.

Mark:  Suggestion -- please do check http://www.svlug.org/officers.shtml .
I believe it is current, though I allowed its elected officers roster to
be shockingly obsolete for all of two hours.  ;->  There might be
additional people we should be recognising, there.  It's inexpensive and
a good way to reflect back goodwill for work volunteers do for the
group.

> We are also quite open to the formation of committees or teams; for
> example, if a few people wanted to initiate a "mini-tutorial" on
> something that would be great.

Teams would be an excellent example of what might end up on that page.