[conspire] Symantec router (was Re: running ifconfig - getting errors and collisions)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon May 29 17:08:28 PDT 2006

I assume you're referring to the latest version of the firmware, dated
November 21:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/symantec_firewall_vpn_appliance/updates/vpn100_build18F.zip
The readme file says to install it using the "nxtftp" or "nxtftpw"
utility. The former is for DOS and the latter for Windows. They are
located on the CD that came with the device. The procedure is described at:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/firewallvpnkb.nsf/0/60dbb5be7d7156b888256d5e007559be