[conspire] (forw) Re: driver

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Jun 27 16:53:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:05:06 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:15:49 -0700
> From: "Williams, Mike" <MWILLIAMS at probusiness.com>
> To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> Subject: driver
>

> Hey Rick,
>
> The driver I was referring to was a cheaply built 802.11 superG. The disk didnt have a Lindriver I'll look for the name as I dont have my lap w / me

"SuperG" is a trademark of Atheros and is universally supported using the
madwifi driver. Newer cards require newer versions of the driver. The
older the distro, the less likely it is to work. Forget the ancient ones
you had your heart set on, and install something recently released. Unlike
Windows, it'll "just work."