[conspire] marillat.free.fr -> www.debian-multimedia.org

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 22 00:16:24 PDT 2006

> > For Ubuntu, as noted in the forwarded message, the debian-multimedia
> > (ex-marillat) repository is your friend.
>
> No, it most certainly is not. That repository is for Debian, not
> Ubuntu, as it is not consistent with Ubuntu's differing dependency and
> repository structure.

And yet, I've several times seen credible-seeming people suggest using
the debian-marillat "sid" packages on Debian, and no follow-up
expressions of regret or correction.  I'd be willing to give it a try.
Of course, I'd also be willing to rebuild the desktop system, if it
doesn't work out.   ;->

> On powerpc and amd64, "sudo apt-get -b source foo" is your friend.

This is what a truly cautious person would do on i386, too.