[conspire] reiserfs4

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 14:00:58 PDT 2006

Arch based Underground Linux did Reiser4 only and my
tests on a primary partition went well - BUT - RR4
wiped every partition from there on , inclusive ,
forcing a 9 distro rebuild . Some of the things the
kernel people want from Reiser4 don't seem reasonable
but their fanboys don't seem reasonable either .
Preventing extermination mode on finding a
misunderstood filesystem got some attention and you
face less risk now .
     Namesys develops Reiser4 . Reiser4 shows better
speed and more cpu use than ext3 but less reliability
. I stick with ext3 and suggest ext2 when you have
GOOD ups but different filesystems excel at different
things - as the only guy regularly hauling his ups to
installfests , you should notice that I'm sticking to
the high reliability of ext3 .