[conspire] Fwd: Re: [sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 23:01:44 PDT 2006

I don't have a problem with job listings. But, this is a mailing list, and a mailing list is a place where people discuss things that warrant discussion. So a job poster shouldn't be surprised when members start dissecting the job posting. User group mailing lists are not employment agencies, so the same ettiquette doesn't apply.

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:
    when we have a larger member set or when our
member set makes a larger noise, then we'll know
the policy--in the fashion of running out in front of
the parade.
    did you witness the bayPIGgies commotion after
Marilyn took leadership and raised the issue of
name change? My take is that the topic was better
left alone. Some of those who came out of the
woodwork called for greater professionalism and
something like dignity. I'm antithetical to such.
There's no real problem with job postings at this
point, so no need for policy statements. Leadership
is best when lightest, as a rule.
    None-the-less, your points are taken, as you'll
see in the soon-to-be sf-lug documentation you
suggested.