[conspire] Att Yahoo Dsl

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 6 19:02:55 PDT 2006

> One more difference: AT&T/Yahoo apparently charges a $99 one-time setup
> fee which DSLExtreme does not. AT&T/Yahoo also had much more restrictive
> Terms of Use and Acceptable Usage Policies last I checked.

Just because I feel like it, I'm going to praise Raw Bandwidth
Communications and its main guy Mike Durkin.  Again.  (RBC provides my
house and thus CABAL with enhanced DSL.  It's not the cheapest DSL
option, but I remain a very satisfied customer.  No PPPoE crap, only
vanishingly rare and short outages, and just generally competent and
professional service.)

Tidbit:  At the time we arranged the move to 1105 Altschul, Durkin very
efficiently worked with me to ensure decent quality of service
(problematic, because we're even farther physically from the telco
central office than we used to be) _and_ made a couple of suggestions on
his own initiative to lower our pricing!

Here's my writeup on the new billings, to Deirdre and Cheryl: