[conspire] Daniel, Rick - Howto ubuntu pull latest kernel into Breezy

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sat Jan 21 18:44:45 PST 2006

Here is the contents of my /etc/apt/preferences file:

Package: *
Pin: release a=dapper
Pin-Priority: 50

My /etc/apt/sources.list has all the usual breezy lines, in addition to a
single separate line for dapper. With such a setup, I can do:

sudo apt-get -t dapper install package1 package2 package3

I don't really remember exactly which packages were necessary for the
kernel upgrade, but generally they were everything involving gcc, pcmcia,
wireless, and udev.