[conspire] Breezy No Login

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Thu Jan 19 17:39:33 PST 2006

I was using Gnome and I tried Kpackage from the menu and it said I needed
root privelages to use it but wouldn't bring up a password box.I finally ran
it from a terminal and it ran normally then suddenly froze up. I went to
tty0 to try and give it the kill signal which it disallowed. When I tried to
after the login screen and said jla did not have permission to start a
desktop or something to that effect."home/jla/iceauthority" "could not start
kmserever." I could get a blue swirl type screen plus terminal. I tried
startx but no go. I could start the internet from terminal and the mozilla
browser and netzero start page came up. But I couldn't start email or
anything else.
    How would you fix this? From the terminal or failsafe
what is the procedure and/or directories to use.Thank you.Sometimes it
doesn't pay to experiment too much but I was looking for Blackbox in
Kynaptic or Kpackage.