[conspire] Breezy Badger Blackbox WM

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Sat Jan 14 12:58:09 PST 2006

Does anyone have experience with the Blackbox window manager?I've read a few
articles about it. It's very minimalist but you can use added packages to
customise it to your own liking.I heard about one feature called the slit.I
also notice that it is available using kynaptic along with several other
packages BB and ?.but not in synaptic.
	I put the whole system menu as a widget on the panel of Gnome but some of
that stuff needs to be run by root.I tried gksudo to run commands,  for
kynaptic .Gksudo kynaptic but it didn't bring up the password box like it
does if you use it like gksudo/opt/nzclient/runclient.sh.I actually like
Gnome now . At first I didn't use it much because it seemed funkier like FC1
(Fedora Core 1).Once you start a browser it doesn't make a big difference.
	I also tried the dash shell .There are about 1000 lines of man dash. So I
ended up using only cat,cd,ls,pwd,and vi.Is there a history key like up arrow
for repeating your commands? I really don't get the complex interactive usage
that the man pages discuss.But I found some interesting files just the same
like kernel.log for one plus some other ones concerning cups and foomatic.I
even found a directory called /proc/self/root/var/log.