[conspire] cheap printer for Adam

Calvin Wong deadcat at freeshell.org
Thu Feb 16 11:49:54 PST 2006

on my desktop i have to use the driver from the cd since cups doesn't have
ml-2010, and for my laptop via ipp:// i just use the older version of the
driver (ml-1710) and they work fine.. fast too. (=

calvin

* Bill Ward <bill at wards.net> [2006-02-16 11:32:51 -0800]:

> I got a similar deal on a different model Samsung at Frys a year ago.
> It's a great printer, and I assume yours is too.  Works great on
> Linux.
>
> On 2/16/06, Calvin Wong <deadcat at freeshell.org> wrote:
> > i bought this laser printer for $50 after rebate. very nice
> >
> > -------------
> > Staples has the Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer for $100 - $50 coupon 15944 =
> > $50 w/ free shipping. No rebates.
> > http://slickdeals.net/category/newdeals/?daysago=29#p6961
> >
> > OD has a Samsung ML2010 Laser printer on sale for $80. It is advertised in
> > their store flyer.
> >
> > There is a $50 rebate which makes it $30 plus whatever tax you would need to
> > pay.
> >
> > Shipping is free on orders over $50.
> >
> > Lowest price on PriceGrabber is $110 from a reputable reseller less the same
> > $50 rebate
> > http://slickdeals.net/category/newdeals/?daysago=30#p6955
> > -------------
> > these 2 items were posted last month, but they might still be good. (=
> >
> > calvin
> >

> > * Bill Ward <bill at wards.net> [2006-02-15 23:29:24 -0800]:
> >
> > > Watch out for the price of ink.  Cheap inkjet printers are really just
> > > a mechanism to make big money selling ink.  Unless you really need
> > > color, you'll be better off (less cost, faster, and better quality)
> > > with a cheap laser printer instead.

> > > --
> > > Help bring back the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/

> > --
> > OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

> --
> Help bring back the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/

--
Imagine that Cray computer decides to make a personal computer.  It has
a 150 MHz processor, 200 megabytes of RAM, 1500 megabytes of disk

"Is it PC compatible?"