[conspire] Recommendations for cheap Linux laptop?

Paul Snyder pls29 at cs.drexel.edu
Thu Feb 16 09:20:26 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Mark Weisler wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 11:23, Paul Snyder wrote:

> > Does anyone have a recommendation for a dirt-cheap Linux laptop that

Thanks for the responses!  I agree that price of dirt is somewhat
variable, and that used is likely the ticket.  Happily, I was contacted
off-list with an offer of a used Thinkpad that fits the bill almost
exactly.

> Just a thought...you might find a laptop around Philadelphia, configure it the
> way your wife would find useful and familiar, and then airfreight it to her.

An excellent suggestion...and a "D'oh, why didn't I think of that" moment.

Thanks again to everyone.

Paul