[conspire] Gnucash ./configure on Breezy

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Fri Feb 3 19:59:43 PST 2006

I'm trying to install Gnucash but first I went after Gnucash-docs and it
won't ./configure.

jla at vstrom:~$ cd gnucash-docs-1.8.4
jla at vstrom:~/gnucash-docs-1.8.4$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... no
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getwd... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for scrollkeeper-config... /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-config
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
creating libtool
checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for dbopen... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for __db185_open in -ldb-3... yes
checking for db_185.h... no
checking for db1/db.h... no
checking for db4/db_185.h... no
configure: error: Berkeley db library required for GnuCash
jla at vstrom:~/gnucash-docs-1.8.4$

I tried to get Berkeley db library with apt-get but  I couldn't get it. Then I
found the Berkeley db home page. Should I down load Berkeley DB 4.4.20 with
or without encryption. Or Berkeley DB XML 2.2.13. Or Berkeley Db Java
Edition.What's db_185.h and db1/db.h and db4/db_185.h. They all seem to be
missing.Also dbopen is missing.
	Also can OSX Tiger configure and install Gnucash? What developement and
libraries does OSX come with and what sort of package management does it use?
It seems to say that OSX can use Gnucash but I am wondering is open source
readily available to use by OSX? How would you set up or use the repositories
or is it preset-up for this type of thing?