[conspire] question re installing new internal hard drive in my VA Linux 420

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 22 14:34:09 PST 2006

Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):

> I don't have any brackets or screws. What kind of brackets do I
> need to buy or do I need to buy bracket tabs? What kind of screw
> do I need to buy?

Darlene --

I figure the answers to these questions will be more obvious once you
crack open the case and look.  The text you posted _seems_ to claim that
the bracket is already present inside the box, and at most you might
need a couple of screws.  Odds are, if you end up not having the right
side screws, we can find them in my rather vast collection.

On the whole, I really wouldn't worry about it.  Even hideous kludges
like using strapping tape can be more than good enough, where necessary.

> I hope I remember to bring phillips head screw drivers.

Good idea, but we do have those, too.

--
Cheers,               No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
Rick Moen             We do concede, though, that a large number of electrons