[conspire] question re installing new internal hard drive in my VA Linux 420

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 22 14:34:09 PST 2006

Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):

> I don't have any brackets or screws. What kind of brackets do I
> need to buy or do I need to buy bracket tabs? What kind of screw
> do I need to buy?

Darlene --

I figure the answers to these questions will be more obvious once you
crack open the case and look.  The text you posted _seems_ to claim that
the bracket is already present inside the box, and at most you might
need a couple of screws.  Odds are, if you end up not having the right
side screws, we can find them in my rather vast collection.

On the whole, I really wouldn't worry about it.  Even hideous kludges
like using strapping tape can be more than good enough, where necessary.

> I hope I remember to bring phillips head screw drivers.

Good idea, but we do have those, too.

Cheers,               No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
Rick Moen             We do concede, though, that a large number of electrons
rick at linuxmafia.com   were terribly inconvenienced.