[conspire] question re installing new internal hard drive in my VA Linux 420
freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 21 18:41:46 PST 2006
I purchased the Seagate Barracuda 400GB 7200.10
My VA Linux 420 user's guide has instructions for adding a 3.5"
low profile hard drive:
Adding/Removing the Internal Hard Drive
A 3.4" low profile hard drive can be installed into a bracket that
is part of the inside front of the chassis using only one screw.
To mount the drive, follow these steps:
1. Remove the side cover. ...
2. Remove the front bevel. ...
3. Orient the drive with connectors facing the drive bay.
4. Align and insert the two bracket tabs into the screw holes on
the side of the drive.
5. Rotate the drive in so that it is flush with the bracket, and
screw hole on the side of the drive is aligned with the screw
hole on the bracket.
6. Only one screw is needed to secure the drive. Insert the screw
through the screw hole on the side of the bracket.
7. To remove the drive, unscrew the screw through the screw hole
on the side of the bracket.
I don't have any brackets or screws. What kind of brackets do I
need to buy or do I need to buy bracket tabs? What kind of screw
do I need to buy?
I plan on bringing my new internal hard drive to install on Saturday.
I purchased a 24" IDE UATA/100 3-Conn HD 80 pin cable for the
CD R Rick so kindly gave away. I will bring that to install too.
I also will be bringing my iMac to see if it will boot after I try
reseating the logic processor. I'll bring a CD with the take apart
I hope I remember to bring phillips head screw drivers.
More information about the conspire