[conspire] Web objects, Ruby on Rails

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Dec 20 14:47:38 PST 2006

On Dec 20, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Adrien Lamothe wrote:

> Thank you very much, that is awesome! Doesn't go into
> great detail, but basically tells me what I need to
> know. Wasn't planning on actually using WO, but
> curious about comparison.

I should add that while WO is proprietary, it DOES now run on Linux.
Apple made the licensing unclear for a while. While it can be
deployed on anything that runs J2SE, it's only officially supported
on Mac platforms.

It's rather an odd duck, though, but maybe that's why I liked it.

_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net