[conspire] Ubuntu 6.10 [was Re: ... distro news]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 20 12:46:12 PST 2006

> I would like to renew the call for a new, from-scratch desktop
> environment whose design would draw upon the lessons learned from the
> effects of the deployment of KDE, GNOME, and OSX/Aqua/Cocoa upon perceived
> look-and-feel.

It's only a modest offering, but have you tried Xfce?  I'm sticking with
that (via Xubuntu) on my iBooks, for now, despite using Window Maker
elsewhere.

--
Cheers,   There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know quaternary,
Rick Moen those who only recently figured out Ron Fabre's "ternary" .sig, those