[conspire] money dance

George Pope gpope at pcmagic.net
Tue Dec 12 19:38:22 PST 2006

For my purposes on line banking and bill paying, synchronizing such
records, budgeting scheduling payments are features that look helpful
(http://moneydance.com/):

Also comparing your actual income and expenses to planned, scheduling,
recurring or future transactions including bills, loan payments, and
paychecks. Seeing upcoming or overdue bills, calculating principal and
interest payments for loans.

Also don't need $25 packages for managing hopefully hundreds of micro
credit $100 loans in Ghana.

Of less importance to me: tracking portfolios,* *reports and graphs*,
*importing data from Quicken and Money, Protect your privacy..but they
are nice to have if you find you need'em

Free  trial, $25 for the package.

Can it be integrated into Kubuntu? without incurring as Rick cautions -
"risky or problematic things (like using third-party package
sources)..(without)..magical self-correction from the OS.

What else should I be looking at? A few double entry items come up when
I do an Adept package manager search but I don't feel like trial and
error just now, Is this just plane lazy?

george