[conspire] linuxmanship

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 7 15:49:22 PST 2006

I feel like a sucker for having asked your objections to an essay I
didn't even write, but, hey, that's my error, and I'll pay the price.

> A point-by-point would be much longer than the page itself. L

A truly glorious, epic hand-wave.  Nicely played, sir.

> The purpose of the essay is the very first thing that has not changed with
> the times. When it was written, Linux was "a better solution, which just
> so happens to also be viable." Thus, advising those who wish to promote
> and market Linux-based solutions to cast aside thoughts and actions that
> might shine any kind of favorable light on a non-Linux solution
> (presumably including *BSD and the like) was very prudent.

Your premise about the "advising" is transparently bogus, and supported
not at all by the text.

> 2) What you described before regarding parasitically encumbering preloads
> and the glut of consultants is far more true today than it was then.
> These two developments very much work against the tone of the essay.

You _might_ be correct, or not -- but it's completely impossible for me to
determine from the above (or from the above plus the remainder of that
paragraph) what on earth you mean.

> I'd like to see such a work...

Well, you know whom to contact.

> As I touched on above, it seems the opposite is happening: There's so much
> candor and simple frankness that it gives the false appearance of being
> calculatingly deceptive. Ironic, isn't it?

And I thought *I* was a little paranoid.