[conspire] linuxmanship

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 7 15:42:24 PST 2006

Quoting Keith Keller (kkeller at speakeasy.net):

> Sure.  But what happens if Client says "But what about BSD?"  Obviously,
> this is incredibly unlikely given the target clients of the target
> audience of the essay, and I am not advocating that a BSD mention must
> be included.

Putting myself in those shoes, if the hypothetical client were to say
"But what about BSD?", I'd count myself _incredibly_ lucky in the area
of customer clue, and probably not need the marketing talking points
detailed in Don's essay.

["disingenuous":]

> I am aware of its meaning.  I can backpedal and rephrase as "it might
> seem disingenuous to, say, a BSD advocate."

I think that would have to be a BSD advocate with an Amiga-grade
persecution complex, no sense of context, and a significant problem with
emotional stability and courtesy towards friendly strangers.

Not the empty set, I know -- but I tend to regard that as a
self-limiting problem.  (Not the reflexively nurturing attitude expected
of all Californians towards people who're acting out, but, hey, I was
only born here.)

> ...but only wanted to play a bit of devil's advocate....

If I had a dime for every time someone posted a dumb attempt to troll
and used that as an excuse, I'd sure have a heap of times.  ;->