[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 6 14:39:10 PST 2006

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> I just fixed some guys windows 2k box by using search
> to find both missing driver files; both os and user
> were too stupid to do this themselves . He got me to
> drive over w a nic in shrinkwrap but I avoided opening
> the box , w9x does teach how to fix w2k .

You alone can decide what your time is worth, but, again, I'd,
personally, have to be offered a _lot_ of money to help anyone with
MS-Windows problems -- and, even then, I have many more gratifying and
(much more) remunerative uses for my time.

In the long term, all you're doing for that "guy" is being an enabler:
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/#enabler  So, you're not even doing
him a favour, really.

There's no lack of people who need your help with open source on open
source operating systems.  Why waste your limited time helping
MS-Windows users attempt to jury-rig their ultimately non-fixable
installations?