[conspire] Imac G3 /Tiger

Jose Medeiros jose.medeiros at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 08:14:00 PST 2006

Hi John,

I also have Mac OS 9.2 running on an old Beige G3 with a mach speed G3
500mhz processor and dual booting with Mac OS 10.4.8, however since my mac
is not supported, I had to use Xpostfacto to get Mac OS 10.4 to install. On

In answer to your first question, I created two partition's on my hard
drive. On another note, you did not state which version of Apple works you
need to install, so I'll assume that you have an old version running on Mac
OS 9. I have a friend Cory Barfield, who is a retired educator that has a
graphite G4 400, and  I have been helping with his Macintosh issue's for
nearly 8 years who will not switch from using Avery Labels  or  Ms
Works 4.0for his Mac.

However I was able to get both programs to print if Mac OS 9 is running
virtually with in version 10 just not reliably, which appears to be an
extension ( Driver ) issue.  In my opinion it's probably easier to and have
him just reboot into 9 when he needs to use either of those out dated
programs that are no longer updated to work natively on Mac OS 10.4.

Fortunately for you Apple works has been updated and runs quiet well on Mac
OS 10.4

Hope this helps,

Jose Medeiros
http://www.sjpc.org/~medeiros