[conspire] Imac G3 /Tiger

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 1 12:36:18 PST 2006

Quoting John Andrews (jla1000 at comcast.net):

> If this is too much to answer, maybe you could refer me to some good
> how-to's.

You'll probably have better luck with a MacOS user group than a Linux one.

Although I like the Silicon Valley CocoaHeads
(http://cocoaheads.org/us/SiliconValleyCalifornia/), they're a developer
group only.  So, you might try the Stanford / Palo Alto Macintosh User
Group:  http://www.pa-smug.org/

Looks like they aren't high-tech enough to have a mailing list  ;->  ,
but they do meet monthly at SLAC Auditorium, right where we used to hold
Homebrew Computer Club meetings.  Next meeting is Dec. 4 -- this coming
Monday.

If you want help with _Linux_ on your Imac G3, we're here for you.
Xubuntu "Edgy Eft" runs great on my 800 MHz G3 iBook -- much faster than
OS X did.  Q&A period runs from 6:30 to 7 PM, just before the short
announcements/presentations and then the featured speaker.