[conspire] Re: Oct 20, 2005: BayLISA: Incident Command for IT

Brent Chapman Brent at GreatCircle.COM
Thu Sep 29 21:42:03 PDT 2005

I'm really looking forward to giving this talk.   At the moment, I'm
in Mississippi, working on hurricane recovery efforts as a volunteer
(along with Jeff Allen, who many of you know) with Radio Response
(http://www.radioresponse.org/), and seeing first hand how ICS works
on an extremely large scale (involving thousands of responders).  So,
I should have some interesting stories to share in the talk, when I
get back...

By the way, Radio Response could definitely use more volunteers who
can come out for a week or two at a time.  Essentially, we're setting
up WiFi connectivity to provide free Internet access and phone
service (via VoIP) to the numerous other volunteer and charitable
organizations here, such as shelters and relief kitchens, for use by
both their staffs and their clients (the local residents who've been
devastated by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita).  Take a look at the Radio
Response web site (http://www.radioresponse.org/); if that seems like
something you might be able to help out with, either on-site or
remotely, then please fill out the volunteer form there.

There's also information about donations on the web site.  Money is
always good, but we could also use certain types of working WiFi,
networking, PC, and VoIP gear; details and/or contact info are on the
web site.

-Brent