[conspire] Ah, it's an Atheros-based PCI card

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 2 14:43:43 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Adam Cozzette <mystagor at sbcglobal.net> -----

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Adam Cozzette <mystagor at sbcglobal.net>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: RSVP

Hi again,

Ok, sorry for not mentioning the model number and stuff before. It is a Netgear and here is the model number:

WG311T

Alrighty then, I'll be sure to think about choosing a distro before I see you in person...its just that choosing a distro is for me, like trying to choose a spaceship that I don't know how to fly yet...heh, and my initial reaction was that I didn't want a little wimpy spaceship for "newcomers" : ). But you're right, I'll take a closer look.

And ok, I see what you mean about the Java stuff. And if the network card works as it should then I imagine I can just download the JDK from the Sun website...although I'm not sure how compatible the JDK would be across the various different distributions...

Well thanks again, and see ya later.