[conspire] TODAY: Oct 20, 2005: BayLISA: Incident Command for IT

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Oct 20 11:17:51 PDT 2005

Don't forget! Today!

> Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005
> Where: Apple Campus, Building 4, upstairs meeting room (Garage 1)
> Free and Open to the General Public!
>
> 7:30 pm Introductions and announcements
> 7:45 pm Formal Presentation
> 9:45 After-meeting dinner/social outings at a local restaurant
>
> D. Brent Chapman will be presenting "Incident Command for IT: What we can
> Learn from the Fire Department".
>
> This is one of the USENIX LISA 2005 invited talks
> http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa05/tech/.
> If you have ever been curious about what kind of value you get from the LISA
> conference, come check out Brent's talk.  LISA packs in 5 days of training
> and 4 days of technical sessions (they overlap on days for a total of 6 days
> of technical immersion), and is the conference for System Administrators.
> It's being held in San Diego, California this year, so much easier for
> travelling.
>
> Many thanks to USENIX for sharing Brent's technical talk at BayLISA, and
sponsoring this month's meeting.

Other goodies: Splunk hats/tshirts, Samba books for review

  rsvp for meeting:       rsvp at baylisa.org
  baylisa board (request to sponsor or present):
                        blw at baylisa.org

Directions:

Map it:
http://maps.yahoo.com/dd?ed=UQXygP960Sz4MSU21UFEL0PTm.NocQb_k_rL3EntSvtUQ1xTqf8D4yOYIBOTjUjKZOXeEnyzvQ--&tname=&tcsz=Cupertino%2C+CA+95014-2083&tcountry=US&tdesc=

>From 101 Freeway
Exit on Mathilda, turn south, drive a bunch, watch Mathilda merge with
Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd, drive south some more, changes names to De Anza
somewhere around the 280 fwy. [continue on 280 directions.]

If you miss Mathilda (when coming south) or prefer to stay on highways for
a maximum time, you can take Lawrence Expressway south, and exit on
Stevens Creek, heading west into the setting sun. You'll pass the mall
near Wolfe; keep going. De Anza is a huge street with a light, turn right.
Just past Lazaneo (a light, there's a Donut Wheel to your right), turn
right into the driveway with a low white sign showing a blue apple. The
first opportunity you have to turn left will be marked Infinite Loop. Take
this left, and follow the loop until you get to Building 4. Park.
>From 280 Freeway

Exit on De Anza Blvd, turn south. It will not be very far; there is a
light at Mariami and you should turn left there. The first opportunity you
have to turn left will be marked Infinite Loop. Take this left, and follow
the loop until you get to Building 4. Park.

If you miss Mariani (and if it's really wet, you might) this is a divided
highway... you will have to U-turn at the next light, Lazaneo. (You'd see
a Donut Wheel shop to the left.)
>From 85 Freeway

Exit turning north. You are going to be driving a little while. Do not
distress and wonder where Apple is as street numbers approach the 10500
range - this is "S. De Anza" and you have to cross Stevens Creek before
you're in the right section.

Once past Stevens Creek, keep an eye out for the light marked Lazaneo
(with its donut shop). Past it there will be low white signs with blue
apples on your right. If you miss the little driveways, you can turn right
at Mariani, which is rather large, and a light. The first opportunity you