[conspire] Laptop with wireless card that needs ndiswrapper

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Oct 16 23:15:37 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Peregrine <wreaky at heavydrums.com> -----

From: Peregrine <wreaky at heavydrums.com>
To: bofh at linuxmafia.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:15:54 -0700
Subject: Ahhh, a Register reader for sure (ala Travaglia)

Hi Rick,

I met you at the SF-LUG mtg. last Sunday. I was impressed with your sense of
humor, even temper, and feral gaze - and the way you casually shared your
considerable knowledge. There was mention of you before you showed up, and I
gather that you host some events from time to time. I'd like to be invited
to your next event. Sign me up.

I really enjoyed your linuxmafia/news.html page. Such naked admission of
vulnerability and culpability. The August 28, 2001 post was especially
priceless. No excuses, "Just the facts, ma'am."

I was quite pleased to run into mention of you on the Linux Gazette later on
that day, while I was researching wireless cards for the weedy Sony Vaio I'm
trying to streamline with a Suse install. So little memory, though. I may
have to slim the kernel down - as soon as I figure out how to do that. I
used to work at AutoDesk with Ted Nelson in the early 90's and rub shoulders
with all kinds of kooks and luminaries (Captain Crunch, Douglas Adams, Jaron
Lanier, Mike Nesmith, Timothy Leary, Todd Rundgren, etc.). It's nice to dip
back into the community of digital cognoscenti.

As far as that wireless card goes, I guess I'm going to have to bite the
bullet and give ndiswrapper a try.

Wish me luck,
Peregrine

http://heavydrums.com