[conspire] (forw) Re: SATA and Linux Raid on a Intel Desktop 945 board

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 28 20:02:03 PST 2005

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Jones <andrew-jones at lineone.net> -----

From: [snip]
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:28:51 -0000
Subject: SATA and Linux Raid on a Intel Desktop 945 board

Hi Rick,

We are looking to use an Intel 945 Desktop board with SATA drives and RAID 1
and 5.

Just wondered what you would recommend in order to provide the RAID. It
appears that the RAID on board is not real raid and so if we need to go to a
card what would you recommend on the following points.

1.	Most reliable under Linux
2.	Best supported in the Linux source community

Regards,
[snip]