[conspire] KB/Perlhoo suggestion to alleviate hilarity

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Nov 6 23:11:36 PST 2005

> Perhaps it would be better if all the entries in the knowledge base that
> are reprints of e-mail messages would use the <PRE> tag, because
> otherwise, whitespace gets compressed, and a proportional font is used.
> One might consider that to be of no consequence, but consider what happens
> to the reading of a certain signature (rewrapped):
>
> Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the
> first Rick Moen woman she meets, and then teams up with three
> complete strangers, rick at linuxmafia.com, to kill again.

I fix those as I find them.  ;->

It's caused by my semi-adequate Python script that I use to HTMLise flat
files.  It's not smart enough to give special treatment to .signature
blocks, alas -- but it's a whole lot better than nothing.

PerlHoo actually has nothing to do with that, by the way:  It's just a
CGI that shows Yahoo-like hierarchicdal catalogue files generated from
comma-delimited files.  (There's a separate CGI that can be used to
admin those catalogue files and any public contributions for them.)