[conspire] (forw) Re: Your wp8 installation instructions are excellent!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 2 22:07:11 PST 2005

----- Forwarded message from Paul Ross <prross at sbcglobal.net> -----

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:01:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul Ross <prross at sbcglobal.net>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Your wp8 installation instructions are excellent!

Hi Rick,

I am a lifelong computer beginner. I have been to your
Cabal meetings from time to time with linux questions.
Libranet 2.8.1 and wp8 were installed for me at Cabal
meetings. Then 3.0 came out and I bought it only to
find out that it did not come as an upgrade. I
overwrote 2.8.1 and wp8 with the 3.0 installation. It
took about 4 tries to get 3.0 installed right.

I then proceeded with much trepidation to install wp8.
I had in the past made several unsuccessful attempts
to install it on Mandrake and L2.8.1. I followed your
instructions this time, and the installation came off
without a hitch.

Thanks for all your linux work.

Sincerely,
Paul Ross

> I then proceeded with much trepidation to install wp8.
> I had in the past made several unsuccessful attempts
> to install it on Mandrake and L2.8.1. I followed your
> instructions this time, and the installation came off
> without a hitch.

Beautiful!  You've just made my evening.  Thank you for the note.

----- End forwarded message -----