[conspire] Question about Unix Class

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 19 23:17:09 PDT 2005

Hi, Ryan.

Quoting Ryman (rymanle at gmail.com):

> - My college is offering a "Unix Operating System" course this summer.
> I'm wondering if I should take this course or not.

If you have a spare $88, it'll probably be a gentle introduction to Unix
-- but you'll learn a lot more, and faster, by just diving straight in
as a user and climbing that ol' learning curve in person.

> - I also have question about installfest this Saturday. Is it going to
> be at Google building or at Rick's place.

As Deirdre (my wife) said, _CABAL's_ events (at Deirdre's and my house
in Menlo Park) aare normally 2nd and 4th Saturdays.  SVLUG's monthly
installfest / workshop events are _3rd_ Saturdays.

As a relatively rare exception (as Deirdre mentioned), there will be no
4th-Saturday CABAL meeting in May.

Importing from the GNU cal (calendar) program:

:r! cal

      May 2005
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14 <= CABAL meeting, last Saturday
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 <= SVLUG installfest, this Saturday
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 <= There will _not_ be a 4th-Saturday CABAL meeting
29 30 31

SVLUG's installfests are at the aforementioned Google meeting in
Mountain View, not far from Shoreline Amphitheatre.